Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Weekend or why i hate flying...

So I had to go to my brother's graduation this past weekend. After college I stayed near my college, which was just outside of Philly and conveniently close to 400 miles from my parents. It was a pretty good decision on my part I think. I was able to build a life completely apart from who I was growing up or who my parents are. I was able to get things for myself and truly be independent. However, when I need to travel back home, say for something like my little brother's graduation, there is really no easy way to get there. Sure I could drive for 6 or more hours fighting some of the worst traffic in the country, but oh wait, that's right I don't have a car. So I could either take a bus for 6 hours (I am not a bus kind of girl) or I could take a plane.

The plane ride is easy, don't get me wrong. It is a nice easy flight and cheap if you book early and with a cheap airline like SouthWest, but I hate flying. I really REALLY hate to fly. Firstly, I always get sick. Since I was little I never sleep well the night before a flight, I always get a killer headache/migraine, and I will sometimes even get ear infections. When I have ruined more than one vacation by having to go to the doctor due to severe, flight induced ear infections. Then, of course, there are the passengers on the plane. I swear, as soon as you get on an airplane, you turn into an inconsiderate A hole. An A hole who doesn't put the seat back, even when the flight attendant asks. An A hole who talks really loudly to all the people around them while on a red eye. An A hole who got there late and had to take the middle seat, hogs the arm rest, keeps getting up every 5 minutes, turns the fan on while the cabin is freezing and takes all the overhead storage space. And has a baby. Who cries and poops and is its annoying baby self who will turn into an A hole and fly with me in 20 years and make my life miserable then too. The worst part is that there is no escape for the duration of the flight. you can't even walk around the cabin because of federal regulations! I hate flying!

What was interesting about my time at the airport though was that a lady was sitting near me waiting for the same flight as me and she asked me to watch her bag while she went to the bathroom. Now, I had never met this woman in my life, and I am a huuuuuge rules person, so I told her no and quoted the FFA regulations about leaving bags unattended or with people not a part of your party. Since looked at me blankly and said "you mean I have to drag it around with me?" Yes, ma'am that is what I mean. Maybe next time you will pack lighter! Sheesh!

1 comment:

  1. i got stuck in the middle seat on the way home from florida...the guy next to me was in my bubble THE WHOLE TIME. he did not have SARS though.

    ReplyDelete