Saturday, May 29, 2010

A holes - can't live with them, can't stab them in the face...

Lately, I have been realizing more and more that most people are really dumb; that the average person is a few fries short of a happy meal. And usually, because people are stupid, it makes them jerks. Ass hats run a muck. Sometimes, I think it is a Philly thing or maybe even an American thing, but then I play an online game with people from all over the world (like Halo Speaking of which the beta is over so I can play again and have my TV back!) or watch the BBC World News and I see that it is really the whole effing human race. The majority of people are just imbeciles. And I have noticed that people will turn really mean when they are in a situation that they are unfamiliar with or it becomes apparent that they are inadequate and they feel stupid, mostly because they are stupid, but the mere fact that people found out that they are stupid makes them all defensive and mean.

I see it everywhere. Take my old job. There were quite a few people who were hacks and had no clue what they were doing and everyone knew it, but they worked really really hard to pretend like they were good at their jobs and new what they were doing typically by belittling everyone they could. I mean, every time I or anyone else would know something that they didn't, they would pretend like it was their idea all along and that they were testing us. True story. Quite a few times my old boss would tell me to do something, I would tell her that it was impossible or that it was against policy, and she would tell me that she was just testing me. And she wasn't joking either! She actually would try to pull off that she knew it was wrong the whole time and that she was trying to prove that she was smarter by testing me. Unbelievable. That is one of the many reasons why it is my old job and not my current job. I got the eff out of there as soon as I could and now I am so much better off.

I digress. Where was I? Oh yeah people are mean and stupid. Another way people try to pull off that they are not as dumb as they actually are is that they immediately blame you for a mistake they made. Take a woman who works for my landlord, lets call her Mary. Mary told me the wrong place to park when I first moved in and a neighbor of mine had my car towed because I was in his spot. And then Mary tried to tell me that it was my fault that I had parked in the wrong spot. She told me the wrong place to park! She got her left confused with her right and she was reading off an old chart of spots. See what I mean? Dumb da dumb dumb duuuuuuumb.

It amazes me that humans have been in charge of the planet for as long as we have given that so many of us are more stupid than a bag of rocks. Maybe that's why Stephen Hawking is convinced that the human race is destined to destroy itself far before the sun collapses or alien life finds us.

No comments:

Post a Comment