Thursday, September 29, 2011

Detailing my love of NPR and a rebate for buying Reebok shoes that don't work

One thing that you may not know about me (or do cause I wrote about it - I am so too lazy to go check) is that I have a deep love of the National Public Radio. When I had a car the local public radio station was the only station I ever listened to, much to my friend's chagrin. Whenever anyone would ride in my car they would always groan to hear whatever happened to be playing at the time. Despite their looks and accusations of being old and weird, I didn't care. I loved it then and I love it now.

When I first became a full time pedestrian, I stopped listening to NPR almost all together. I had no where to listen to it without a car and my apartment had horrible reception. That Christmas I got a new iPod nano and loved it since it was so small and cute. What I later discovered was that it had an internal radio built in. So, back into my life strolled NPR and all my old friends - Terry Gross, Kai Ryssdal, Peter Sagal, Michele Norris and all the others. If you don't listen to NPR those names don't mean anything, but I listen to them tell me all the latest news and current events everyday and know their voices and personalities.

Well, my listening and readership of NPR has paid off today since I saw an article (actually T pointed me in its direction - he's so great!) about those Reebok toning shoes of which i bought a pair or two. Apparently the FTC had sued them for claiming the shoes did more to tone the butt and legs than they actually do. They must have been right since Reebok just agreed to a $25 million dollar settlement. he's the best part, they have to pay the people who bought any of the toning apparel, shoes and clothes included! Right now the deal is $50 per pair of shoes and smaller amounts for the less expensive but equally bogus items.

If you were gullible like me and bought into the idea that wearing special (dumb looking) shoes to help tone your body and want a refund, just fill out the rebate request form here. It may not work, because law suits have a habit of disappearing, but if it does, that's money back in our pockets for being brain washed by marketing.

Here's to getting some back from the man thanks to the other man...the government!

No comments:

Post a Comment